Friday, September 23, 2011

"If I stay"

 "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman was published on April 9th, 2009. It is a young adult book, that many teenagers may be able to relate to. It has won many awards, including the Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Young Adult Fiction (2009), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Young Adult Fiction (2009), and ALA Teens' Top Ten (2010. This book has 199 pages in it, it took about 3 days for me to read it. The characters include Teddy Hall, Kim Schein, Mia Hall, Adam Wilde. The setting takes place in Oregon (United States).
  The setting of the story takes place in Oregon. Mia Hall, has to make a very permaneant decision as her body lays in the ICU after a horrible car crash. With her parents, and brother dead, Mia must decide if she wants to stay alive for the sake of her boyfriend, and family members/ friends who love her. Mia feels as though she can't make it knowing that her family is dead. Adam Wilde, Mias boyfirend, and Kim Schein, bestfriend of Mia, are trying to cope with the fact that they just might lose a very important person in their life. 
  This book sends a message that we all have to make very important decisions sometimes, it shows that your loved ones are always there for you. The characters all stick together, and supprt eachother as they wait to see the outcome. All of the characters made me feel as if they had such love for eachother, and that they would be there to help eachother out no matter what.
I loved that there was romance in this book between Mia and her boyfirend Adam. I loved how the author put in memories of the happy times that Mia had when she was living. Everything about this book just had me captivated.
  I would definitely reccomend this book to someone. It will have you in tears, yet make you feel so happy. I felt as if I was reliving the book, I was Mia trying to make such a hard decision. When I finally finished the book, I was a little upset, I wanted to continue reading it! Gayle Forman did an absolutely great job!



No comments:

Post a Comment