This book "And Both Were Young" written by Madeleine L'Engle was published on March 15, 1983. This book has 256 pages within in. It took me about three days to read. The main charecters are Flip and Paul. The setting takes place in Switzerland.
The setting of the story takes place in Flips boarding school in Switzerland. A year after the death of her mother, Flips father has to send her to boarding school because he is an artist that travels a lot, and Flip needs to be in school. Flip is very unhappy being away from her father, but she tries to make things work out for the best. While in the school, Flip runs into a boy named Paul. He lives in the moutains with his dad and dog. Flip and Paul fall in love. Over time, Flip begins to love school, and no longer has to act like she liked it. She helps Paul figure out who he is, and ends up learning more about herself.
This book sends a message that tells you that you can make the best out of things. Good things come to those who wait, and eventuallly everything falls into place, you just have to make an effort. Flip builds her strength and courage by talking to the different girls in school, and by bonding with Paul.
I love that this book had drama, romance, and everyday lessons that teens go through. It gave good detail, helping you to imagine the beautiful scenery. I would reccomend this book to people. I liked it a lot! In the end, I felt very happy and proud of Flip. I was able to relate with some of the situations. When I finished the book, I was a little down, I would have loved to continue reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment